Why should I neuter my cat?
Neutering is the only effective way of reducing the number of unwanted cats and kittens in the UK. Please don’t add to the plight of the thousands of unwanted cats already out there!
Getting your cat neutered is good for them – and for you too!
A neutered cat is happier and healthier…
|To enlarge, click on the image|
Neutering could make YOUR life easier too!
- They’re less likely to get serious diseases through mating
- Your cat will fight less, meaning fewer injuries and therefore lower vet bills
- Neutering will stop your female cat getting some cancers
Kittens are hard work!
- Your neutered male is less likely to roam, so there’s less chance he’ll be hit by a car
- He’s also less likely to spray smelly urine in your house and garden
- Got a female cat? No more being woken up by her wailing when she’s in heat!
Did you know?
- They are very cute but hard work. Their care takes time, effort and money – think of the food bills and the ‘accidents’ you’ll have to clean up!
Want to know more?
- Cats can breed from four months of age
- Cats will mate with their brothers, sisters and parents
- Cats don’t need ‘just one litter’ before being spayed
- One unneutered female cat can be responsible for 20,000 descendants in just five years
You can embed this visual guide to neutering on your own website or blog by copying the code below.
- Neuter your cat at four months of age or younger
- Visit www.cats.org.uk/neutering or speak to your vet for advice
- Call our Neutering helpline on 03000 12 12 12 to find out if you’re eligible for a voucher. It’s kinder to neuter
Share this image on your site
- World Spay Day 2016
Today is World Spay Day, a day that shines a spotlight on the importance of getting your pet neutered. We think that neutering is the only effective way to reduce the number of unwanted cats in the UK. In 2014 we helped neuter 163,000 cats, including...
- ‘will Neutering Calm My Kitten Down?’ And Other Neutering Faqs
Want to know more about neutering your cat? Have a read of this blog post which contains some of the answers provided by Cats Protection’s Neutering Manager Jane Clements in our recent neutering Q&A. Question: I have three cats – the oldest two...
- ‘how Much Does It Cost To Get My Cat Neutered?’ And Other Neutering Faqs
Do you want to know more about neutering? Cats Protection Neutering Manager, Jane Clements, hosted our latest Facebook Q&A session and here are just some of the questions she answered: Question: How much will it cost to get my three-year-old tom ‘done’...
- ‘does My Indoor Cat Need Neutering?’ And Other Faqs
Do you need advice on cat care? You have the opportunity to ask Cats Protection experts directly during our live Facebook Q&As. This week saw Neutering Manager Jane Clements taking questions – below lists just a few she answered. Question: My male...
- Will You Help With The Cost Of Spaying? And Other Cat Neutering Faqs
Do you have a burning question about neutering? Last week we ran a live Q&A on our Facebook page with Cats Protection Neutering Manager, Jane Clements. Here are just some of the questions asked: Question: I have two kittens, one male and female, both...